Sterling Capital was incorporated as a limited liability company in 1981 to provide investment and financial advisory services. In July 1994, Sterling was licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (K) and became a member of the Nairobi Securities Exchange then known as Nairobi Stock Exchange. Through time, Sterling has been able to establish itself as a key player in capital markets in Kenyan and across the African region.
Sterling’s offices are located in Nairobi, Kenya. Through close associations and agency agreements, Sterling also has a presence in Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ghana and Cote D’Ivoire.
The Company has also forged a close relationship with Imara, a Botswana listed Pan African investment Bank that further expands its footprint in Africa. Through this partnership, Sterling is able to serve clients with investment interests in South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Namibia and Nigeria.
What drives us
Mission, Values and Vision
- To offer world class brokerage and financial services to all our clients.
- To become the leading capital market player in the region for institutional, corporate and retail clients.
We internally foster values that we strongly believe will sustainably enable the provision of quality services to all clients.
- Integrity – It is critical to earn the trust of clients in financial services. We believe that integrity is paramount in ensuring that the trust clients place in us endures.
- Knowledge – The basis of the advice and guidance we provide to our clients must be based on our understanding of the most recent and relevant information. In this way, we can sustainably add value to our clients.
- Respect – In recognition of the importance of forging long-term relationships that are mutually beneficial, we proactively cultivate a culture and atmosphere of respect which mirrors how we engage with our clients.